Whether you’re a first-timer or an intimate waxing pro, it’s important to prepare your body for the treatment.
Here are a few pre-wax tips to make your treatment go as smoothly and quickly as possible and to achieve extraordinarily smooth results.
- Let hair grow out 3 to 4 weeks (about a quarter of an inch) before your wax.
- Stay out of the sun 24 hours before and after your wax and always use sun protection when exposing your skin to the sun.
- Exfoliate the bikini line the day before your appointment with a loofah or body scrub to reduce the chance of ingrown hairs and follow up with baby oil to soften the hair follicles.
- Let your therapist know before your appointment if you have any allergies, health conditions, or are taking any medication or if you are using any topical lotions or creams which may not be compatible with the wax.
- Avoid direct sunlight, sun-beds and hot showers for the first 24 hours after waxing.
- Avoid alcohol (and other stimulants such as caffeine) prior to waxing as stimulants tighten the pores.