Baby it’s cold outside!Stacie | 27th October 2016
Just because the weather has dropped a few degrees and the days are getting shorter, it doesn’t mean you can’t make the most of what Autumn and Winter has to offer. The team at waxu have compiled a list of 10 reasons to love the colder months, from log fires to long hot baths there’s plenty of reasons to smile and enjoy this truly magical time of year!
- It’s time to dig out those warm, wintery, comfy boots! Everyone loves Autumn and Winter fashion – high necks, cosy sweaters, big scarves, over sized bags to name a few. Be bang on trend with beautiful Autumnal colours; reds, oranges and browns. Leaving you feeling super stylish, comfy and warm – check our our Pinterest page for everything Autumn.
- Rich hot chocolate, hearty stews, hot-pots and mulled cocktails – there’s plenty of food and drink in season to make us feel warm from the inside. Keep hydrated with plenty of water but also don’t forget to treat yourself to a hot toddy or 2 on the colder evenings.
- Halloween is a love it or hate it time of year – if you love it theres plenty to enjoy. Stock up on sweet treats, decorate a pumpkin and get in the spirit. Get creative and carve a fabulous pumpkin – don’t waste the contents though. There’s numerous recipes online to make use of your pumpkin from soups to pies.
- Snuggle up and enjoy your home. Theres nothing better than getting home after a long day at work and having a cosy night in. Get your comfy pyjamas on, sit in front of the fire with a good book and a hot chocolate!
- Make the most of the crisp, fresh air. Have a walk and admire the beautiful autumnal scenery around you. Fields and woods covered in beautiful reds, oranges and browns. Leaving you feeling exhilarated, walking is a great way of exercising.
- Bonfire night is memorable whether you prefer staying indoors or getting out there to watch a firework display. Bonfire night puts a smile on all of our faces – eating hotdogs, burgers and bonfire toffee, it’s a great excuse to get together with family and friends to celebrate.
- Take some guilt free time out. The cold weather is the perfect excuse to simply do nothing! That’s right – nothing. Go home, put your feet up, catch up on all your box sets and just chill out.
- Christmas parties and festivities – November and December are great months for going out. Catching up with friends, family and colleagues. It’s nice just to make the effort. Don’t forget to book in for your waxu Intimate Waxing before hand though… Christmas is a super busy time of year for waxing salons so best to book in advance to avoid disappointment.
- After a long day at work its nice to get home and have a nice, hot, relaxing bath! Highly recommended with a good magazine, plenty of bubbles and maybe even a cheeky glass of wine.
- The countdown to Christmas. A beautiful time of year full of Christmas spirit, everyones mood seems lighter, the streets are lit up with amazing lights and all the shops are kitted out with spectacular decorations and fabulous gifts. It’s a great time of year to wonder the streets wrapped up and window shop.