Minimising the risk of reaction after an intimate waxStacie | 21st July 2016
Intimate waxing is by far the most effective way to remove hair from your intimate area and give you long lasting results, but many people forget that the aftercare of an intimate wax is just as important. With the right aftercare you can not only minimise the risk of reaction but also keep a nice clean, bump free bikini zone.
Generally clients are more at risk from a reaction if it’s their first time. After years of surface hair removal such as shaving or hair removal creams hair is generally coarser, thicker and more dense so a virgin wax experience is the hardest on the body.
Immediately after your intimate wax focus on keeping your skin cool. It’s best to attend your waxing appointment in loosely fitted clothing and stick to natural, breathable fabrics such as cotton.
It’s completely normal for people to experience a little redness in the intimate area following the wax. Don’t worry, this is a temporary reaction and should subside within a few hours.
Because the waxing procedure removes hair from the root it’s vital that you keep the area clean and bacteria free. This means for the 24 hours after your intimate wax:
• Avoid sunbathing or tanning beds. If you are lucky enough to be going on holiday try to book your intimate wax a day or two before you jet off.
• Avoid swimming in chlorinated pools, spa baths or saunas.
• Avoid the use of lotions, perfumes, tanning products, especially fragranced or alcohol based products.
• Ensure to keep the area clean and dry and try not to touch the waxed area.
• Wear loose fitting clothing.
• Avoid any excessive exercise as perspiration can clog the hair follicles.
Another important step for great aftercare is to exfoliate and moisturise your skin between intimate wax appointments. Using sea salt scrubs or gentle exfoliants every other day help to remove built up dead skin cells than can clog the surface of your skin and trap hair. This helps to prevent those pesky ingrown hairs!
waxu is the UK’s first express intimate wax. Created by women for women, our advanced wax formula combined with our specially developed intimate wax technique gives you super-smooth results like you’ve never felt before. Use our handy waxing salonsfinder and treat yourself to a waxu Signature Intimate Wax!Previous Next